Thursday May 16, 1985US date format: 5/16/1985, UK date format: 16/5/1985
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 16, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stanislav Ianevski and Corey Perry.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds.
In UK 19 by Paul Hardcastle was in the top 5 hits.
Fletch, directed by Michael Ritchie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Hotel Du Lac by Anita Brookner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching About Time.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing King's Quest II: Romancing the Throne or Mail Order Monsters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1985!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1985 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Stanislav Ianevski: Bulgarian actor.
- Corey Perry: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Sonal Chauhan
- Rodrigo Marques: Brazilian footballer.
- Cafe: Brazilian footballer.
- Kazuhito Tanaka: Japanese gymnast.
- Emanuel Saldaño: Argentinian cyclist (d. 2014).
- Anja Mittag: German footballer.
- Tadayoshi Okura: Japanese singer-songwriter dancer and...
- Margaret Hamilton: American actress (Wicked Witch - The...
- Pope John Paul II arrives in Belgium
- Michael Jordan named NBA Rookie of Year.
- Scientists of the British Antarctic Survey announce discovery of the ozone hole.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Madonna - Crazy For You
- Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- The Power Station - Some Like It Hot
- DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night
- USA for Africa - We Are The World
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
Top #10 R&B songs
- Kool & The Gang - Fresh
- USA For Africa - We Are The World
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- Debarge - Rhythm Of the Night
- Klymaxx - Meeting In The Ladies Room
- The Gap Band - I Found My Baby
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Electric Lady - ConFunkShun
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?