Thursday 13 October 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
In Time, directed by Andrew Niccol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Race by Clive Cussler and Justin Scott was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Up.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Angry Birds Rio or 7554.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 October 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 13 October 2011 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 October
- A US drone attack in Pakistan's North Waziristan region destroys a Haqqani network militant compound, with four people reported killed. (AFP via Google News)
- At least 16 people are killed by twin bomb blasts in the Sadr City neighbourhood of Baghdad, the capital of Iraq. (BBC)
- The King of Bhutan, Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchuck, marries 21-year-old college student Jetsun Pema in Punakha. (AP via MSNBC)
- Qantas passengers in Australia face long delays and flight cancelations, as another strike by the airline's ground crew begins. (News Limited)
- At least 88 containers fall from the stricken cargo ship into the Bay of Plenty off New Zealand's North Island, including one containing the (AFP via SBS News Australia)
- Vietnam's Mekong River delta suffers its worst flooding in a decade, with 43 people killed and 70,000 homes destroyed. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- An earthquake measuring 6 on the Richter scale hits off the coast of the Indonesian island of Bali, injuring at least 50 people and causing significant property damage. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- The President of South Korea, Lee Myung-bak, gives an address to a joint session of the United States Congress, emphasizing the importance of a recently-concluded free trade deal between South Korea and the United States, and expounding the need to improve relations with North Korea. (Yonhap)
- Sri Lankan-American Raj Rajaratnam, a former hedge fund tycoon, is sentenced to 11 years in jail for insider trading. (Reuters)
- The first results of the Liberian general election are due to be announced, with a runoff election likely in the presidential race between incumbent President and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and ex-diplomat Winston Tubman. (VOA)
- The Parliament of Slovakia passes a law providing for a parliamentary election on March 10, as part of a deal to allow the passage of the European Union's European Financial Stability Fund. (Xinhua)
- Researchers at the Universities of Texas, Wollongong, British Columbia and Hanyang announce that they have collaboratively developed carbon nanotube-based artificial muscle fibers with over 1,000 times the rotational power of previous designs. The invention is expected to have applications in the creation of nanoscale motors and electrical systems. (Science Daily)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- She Will - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Headlines - Drake
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- That Way - Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- Ni**as in Paris - Jay Z Kanye West
- Quickie - Miguel
- Wet The Bed - Chris Brown Featuring Ludacris
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
Top #10 Latin songs
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Frio - Ricky Martin
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Promise - Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
- El Amor - Ricardo Arjona
- You - Romeo Santos
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?