Saturday 13 November 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We R Who We R by Ke$ha.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, directed by David Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Edwardian Farm.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Banzai Rabbit or Dive: The Medes Islands Secret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 November 2010 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 November
- Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao defeats American Antonio Margarito to become the first boxer ever to win championships in eight different weight classes.
- Burmese opposition politician Aung San Suu Kyi is released from her house arrest.
- The Nigerian military asks civilians in the Niger Delta creeks to leave, warning of action against camps of criminal gangs in the area. (AFP)
- The Kenyan navy shoots dead three suspected Somali pirates who had attacked a naval patrol. (Reuters)
- Somali pirates hijack a Chinese ship with 29 crew on board in the Arabian Sea. (''Times of India'')
- Taliban insurgents attack the airport in the Afghan city of Jalalabad and a nearby base. (BBC)
- A fire kills dozens of animals at a zoo in Karlsruhe, Germany. (BBC)
- Leaders from the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation area attend the APEC Japan 2010 summit in Yokohama. (Japan Times)
- Thousands demonstrate against Chinese President Hu Jintao's visit, against the background of a dispute between Japan and China over islands in the East China Sea, condemning “Chinese imperialism” while waving the flags Tibet, East Turkestan and south Mongolia. (AP)
- Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter says that Hamas has agreed to deliver a letter from abducted Israel Defense Forces soldier Gilad Shalit to his family Carter has mediated between the two sides in the past. (''Haaretz'')
- The United Nations Security Council receives a report on violations of the Darfur weapons embargo China says it is vaguely worded and full of flaws. (BBC)
- Morocco arrests 96 people it accuses of inciting violence during last Monday's deadly police raid on the Gdaim Izik camp in Western Sahara. Half a dozen appear before a military court, including activist Annaama Asfari. (Al Jazeera)
- Police and protesters clash in the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka over the authorities' bid to evict opposition leader Khaleda Zia from her home. (Al Jazeera)
- The French Cabinet led by Prime Minister François Fillon resigns ahead of a reshuffle by President Nicolas Sarkozy. (BBC)
- Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma (South Korea) defeats Zob Ahan F.C. (Iran) 3-1 to win the AFC Champions League. (Football 3)
- Manny Pacquiao defeats Antonio Margarito to win the WBC World Super Welterweight title, winning his record eighth belt in eight championship classes. (AP via NBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 November 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Fiorentina - Cesena : 1 - 0
- Juventus - Roma : 1 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Westerlo : 0 - 1
- Club Brugge - Lierse : 2 - 0
- Genk - Cercle Brugge : 3 - 0
- Germinal - Standard : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - M'gladbach : 0 - 4
- Kaiserslautern - Stuttgart : 3 - 3
- Mainz - Hannover : 0 - 1
- St Pauli - Leverkusen : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Osnabruck : 2 - 1
- Frankfurt FSV - Union Berlin : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?