Wednesday 13 October 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Walter ''Killer'' and Ray Brown.
The Great K & A Train Robbery, directed by Lewis Seiler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1926 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Walter ''Killer'': Kowalski (wrestler) Canadian professional wrestler (d. 2008).
- Ray Brown: American bassist and cellist (d. 2002).
- Killer Kowalski: Canadian-American wrestler and trainer (d. 2008).
- Tommy Whittle: Scottish-English saxophonist (d. 2013).
- Eddie Yost: American baseball player and coach (d. 2012).
- Hans E Kinck: Norwegian philological / writer (Driftekaren), dies at 61.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 October 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Johnny Marvin - Breezin' Along with the Breeze
- The Blue Room - Revelers
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?