Wednesday 13 October 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 13, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Brown (musician) and Walter ''Killer''.
Mother, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 October 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1926!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1926 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Ray Brown (musician)
- Walter ''Killer'': Kowalski (wrestler) Canadian professional wrestler (d. 2008).
- Ray Brown: American bassist and cellist (d. 2002).
- Cesar Pelli: Architect.
- Tommy Whittle: Scottish-English saxophonist (d. 2013).
- Eddie Yost: American baseball player and coach (d. 2012).
- Killer Kowalski: Canadian-American wrestler and trainer (d. 2008).
- Hans E Kinck: Norwegian philological / writer (Driftekaren), dies at 61.