Sunday 13 September 1925
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mel Tormé and Mel Torme.
The Circle, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 September 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1925!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1925 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Mel Tormé: American singer-songwriter and actor (d. 1999).
- Gabriel Charpentier: Composer.
- Mel Torme: American singer (d. 1999).
- Mel TormT in Chicago: Illinois, USA; jazz singer "Velvet Fog" (Jet Set, Night Court).
- Jean Pinchon: French senior civil servant, the president of the National Institute of Controlled Appellations, the French organization charged with regulating French agricultural products with Protected Designations of Origin (PDOs).
- Frank Cashen: American businessman (d. 2014).
- 1st US University for Blacks, Xavier University, opens in New Orleans
- Brooklyn Dodgers' Dazzy Vance no-hits Philadelphia Phillies, 10-1.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Everything is Hotsy Totsy Now - Gene Austin
- Yes Sir, That's My Baby - Blossom Seeley
- Cheatin' on Me - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra