Sunday 13 September 1925
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gabriel Charpentier and Mel Torme.
The Freshman, directed by Fred Newmeyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Keeper of the Bees by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1925!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1925 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Gabriel Charpentier: Composer.
- Mel Torme: American singer (d. 1999).
- Mel TormT in Chicago: Illinois, USA; jazz singer "Velvet Fog" (Jet Set, Night Court).
- Jean Pinchon: French senior civil servant, the president of the National Institute of Controlled Appellations, the French organization charged with regulating French agricultural products with Protected Designations of Origin (PDOs).
- Frank Cashen: American businessman (d. 2014).
- Mel Tormé: American singer-songwriter and actor (d. 1999)
- 1st US University for Blacks, Xavier University, opens in New Orleans
- Brooklyn Dodgers' Dazzy Vance no-hits Philadelphia Phillies, 10-1.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Yes Sir, That's My Baby - Blossom Seeley
- Cheatin' on Me - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Everything is Hotsy Totsy Now - Gene Austin
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?