Monday 13 October 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 13, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Terry Gibbs in Brooklyn and Terry Gibbs.
Black Magic, directed by Ho Meng-hua, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 October 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1924 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Terry Gibbs in Brooklyn: New York, USA; orchestra leader (Steve Allen Comedy Hour).
- Terry Gibbs: American vibraphone player and bandleader.
- Moturu Udayam: Indian activist and politician (d. 2002).
- Roberto Viola: Argentinian general and politician 44th President of Argentina (d. 1994).
- Wahhabietes under Ibn Saudi take Mecca
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Driftwood - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Al Jolson - I Wonder What's Become of Sally?
- The Little Old Clock on the Mantel - Russo & Fiorito's Oriole Orchestra
- Rhapsody in Blue, Parts 1 & 2 - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra with George Gershwin
- Hinky Dinky Parley Voo - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare