Monday 23 May 1927
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dieter Hildebrandt and Gerald Hiken.
Wings, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while The Plutocrat by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1927!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1927 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Dieter Hildebrandt: Germany's most famous political cabaret artist.
- Gerald Hiken: Milwaukee Actor.
- Bodil Dugstad: Norwegian politician.
- Nearly 600 members of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers and the Institute of Radio Engineers viewed a live demonstration of television at the Bell Telephone Building in New York City. This is just over a year after John Logie Baird of Scotland first demonstrated a ''mechanical television system'' to the members of the Royal Society in London.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?