Friday 13 October 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brooke Morris .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, directed by Tom Tykwer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Mary, Mary by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pride Fighting Championships.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Back to Stone or Dead or Alive Xtreme 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 13 October 2006 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Wang Guangmei: wife of Liu Shaoqi (Born 1921).
- Record Snowfall in Buffalo, New York and surrounding metro area leaves up to two feet of heavy wet snow, three people dead, damaged trees, and over 400,000 residents without power.
- Sharp and Fujitsu begin to recall laptop Lithium ion batteries made by Sony. (Associated Press via Houston Chronicle)
- Vladimir Kramnik beats Veselin Topalov in a World Chess Championship reunification match. (NY Times)
- Cellulose plant conflict: Demonstrators again block border crossings between Argentina and Uruguay after the World Bank announces its decision to continue funding the disputed paper mills. (BBC)
- Abimael Guzmán, leader of Peru's ''Sendero Luminoso'' guerrillas, is sentenced to life imprisonment at the conclusion of his retrial on terrorism charges. (BBC)
- Boulus Iskander, an Iraqi priest of the Syriac Orthodox Church, is kidnapped and beheaded by Islamist terrorists in Mosul. (ACI)
- The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration bans fixed-wing aircraft from the East River corridor in New York City unless they are in contact with air traffic control. The change follows a crash of a plane into an apartment building earlier in the week. (AP via CBS)
- Wal-Mart is ordered to pay $78 million in compensation to current and former employees for breaking labor laws in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania by forcing its employees to work through rest breaks and off clock. (USA Today)
- Iraq War:
- A coroner has recorded a verdict of unlawful killing on ITN reporter Terry Lloyd, who was shot dead by US forces in southern Iraq in March 2003. (BBC)
- Two people protesting the impeachment of Plateau State governor Joshua Dariye are killed by riot police in Jos, Nigeria. (BBC)
- Bangladesh's Muhammad Yunus and the Grameen Bank win the Nobel Peace Prize for working to advance economic and social development among the poor. (Nobel Foundation)
- 2006 North Korean nuclear test
- The United States is encouraging a vote on a United Nations resolution, which currently would impose an arms embargo and freezing of North Korean funds connected to North Korean nuclear and ballistic missile programs, despite opposition from the People's Republic of China, which has veto power. (Reuters)
- Veterinarians are reported to use vasectomies to control elephant overpopulation in Africa. At Kruger National Park, their numbers have doubled in the last decade. (North County Times)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 October 2006
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Mainz - Aachen : 1 - 3
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Greuther Furth : 1 - 0
- Braunschweig - Munich 1860 : 2 - 0
- Duisburg - Freiburg : 1 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Bastia - Chateauroux : 1 - 2
- Brest - Amiens : 1 - 1
- Dijon - Niort : 2 - 1
- Gueugnon - Ajaccio : 1 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Southend - Coventry : 2 - 3
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?