Thursday October 13, 1988
US date format: 10/13/1988, UK date format: 13/10/1988
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 13, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Norris Cole and Chris Webby.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Red Red Wine '88 by UB40.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Mystic Pizza, directed by Donald Petrie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while A Brief History Of Time by Stephen W. Hawking was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starting from Scratch.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cycle Race: Road Man or Battlehawks 1942.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 13, 1988?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- Nobel prize for literature awarded to Naguib Mahfouz
- In the second U.S. presidential debate, held by U.C.L.A., the Democratic party nominee, Michael Dukakis, is asked by journalist Bernard Shaw of CNN if he would support the death penalty if his wife, Kitty, were to be raped and murdered. Gov. Dukakis' reply, voicing his opposition to capital punishment in any and all circumstances, is later said to have been a major reason for the eventual failure of his campaign for the White House.
- Mike Venezia: jockey, dies in 5th-race fall at Belmont...
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 13, 1988?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- UB40 - Red Red Wine '88
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Steve Winwood - Don't You Know What The Night Can Do?
- Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Hate Myself For Loving You
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Karyn White - The Way You Love Me
- Sade - Nothing Can Come Between Us
- New Edition - You're Not My Kind Of Girl
- Johnny Kemp - Dancin' With Myself
- Kiara - The Best Of Me
- Midnight Star Feat. Ecstacy Of Whodini - Don't Rock The Boat
- George Benson - Let's Do It Again
- Levert - Addicted To You
- Teddy Pendergrass - 2 A.M.
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 13If October 13, 1988 is your birthday you're 31 years, 11 months, 15 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 15 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 13, 1988?
On October 13, 1988 the day of the week was Thursday.
What zodiac sign is October 13, 1988?
On October 13, 1988 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 13, 1988?
On October 13, 1988 the US President was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 13, 1988?
On October 13, 1988 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 13, 1988?
On October 13, 1988 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on October 13, 1988?
On October 13, 1988 several famous people were born including, Chris Webby, Norris Cole, Scott Jamieson.
Which famous people died on October 13, 1988?
Famous people died on October 13, 1988 include, Mike Venezia.
What was the number one song in October 13, 1988?
The number one song in the week of October 13, 1988 was Red Red Wine '88 by UB40 in US and One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston in UK.
What were the top hits on October 13, 1988?
The top hits on October 13, 1988 were Red Red Wine '88 by UB40, Love Bites by Def Leppard, Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins in US and One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston, Desire by U2, He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother by The Hollies in UK.