Thursday 13 October 1988
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Webby and Norris Cole.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Red Red Wine '88 by UB40.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
The Accused, directed by Jonathan Kaplan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Cardinal Of The Kremlin by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Colin's Sandwich.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Adventures of Bayou Billy or Hoshi wo Sagashite.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1988!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1988 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Chris Webby: Rapper.
- Norris Cole: Basketball Player.
- Scott Jamieson: Australian footballer.
- Enrique Pérez: Mexican footballer.
- Đông Nhi: Vietnamese singer.
- Mike Venezia: jockey, dies in 5th-race fall at Belmont Race Track, New York.
- Nobel prize for literature awarded to Naguib Mahfouz
- In the second U.S. presidential debate, held by U.C.L.A., the Democratic party nominee, Michael Dukakis, is asked by journalist Bernard Shaw of CNN if he would support the death penalty if his wife, Kitty, were to be raped and murdered. Gov. Dukakis' reply, voicing his opposition to capital punishment in any and all circumstances, is later said to have been a major reason for the eventual failure of his campaign for the White House.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Steve Winwood - Don't You Know What The Night Can Do?
- Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Hate Myself For Loving You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?