Thursday 12 January 1905
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Bennett Griffin and Nihal Atsız.
Wonderful Beehive, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
while The Marriage of William Ashe by Mary Augusta Ward was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1905!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1905 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- James Bennett Griffin: American archaeologist (d. 1997).
- Nihal Atsız: Turkish author poet and philosopher (d. 1975).
- James Griffin: American archaeologist and academic (d. 1997).
- Tex Ritter: country singer ("Five Star Jubilee"), dies at age 67.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 January 1905
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1905?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?