Monday 14 January 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos P Romulo and Bebe Daniels.
Forward, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
while The Crisis by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1901!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1901 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Carlos P Romulo: Philippine General / diplomat / jurist.
- Bebe Daniels: American actress, awarded the highest U.S.
- Jean Roche: French chemist and academician, who died in Paris on 24 May 1992.
- Alfred Tarski: Polish-American mathematician and philosopher (d. 1983).
- Mandell Creighton English bishop/historian: dies at age 57.
- Charles Hermite French mathematician (e is transcendent): dies at age 78.
- Victor Balaguer Catalaans historian/politician/author: dies at age 76.
- Bishop Mandell Creighton: English historian and ecclesiastic (Born 1843).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 January 1901
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?