Tuesday 14 January 1941US date format: 1/14/1941, UK date format: 14/1/1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 14, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Faye Dunaway and C L "Gibby" Gilbert Jr in Chattanooga.
White Eagle, directed by James W. Horne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1941!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1941 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Faye Dunaway: American actress, on-screen from 1966 in...
- C L "Gibby" Gilbert Jr in Chattanooga: Tennessee, USA; PGA golfer (1976 Danny...
- [Dorothy] Faye Dunaway in Bascom: Florida, USA; actress (Chinatown, Bonnie...
- Milan Kucan: Slovenian statesman.
- Marjoe Gortner in Long Beach: California, USA; actor (Speak Up...
- Nicholas Brooks: English historian (d. 2014).
- Gibby Gilbert: American golfer.
- Milan Kučan: Slovenian politician 1st President of...
- Charles Bellonzi: French jazz drummer and composer.
- WWII: Commerce raiding ''hilfskreuzer Pinguin'' captures the Norwegian whaling fleet near Bouvet Island, effectively ending Southern Ocean whaling for the duration of the war.