Tuesday 14 January 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Giulio Andreotti and Andy Rooney.
Auction of Souls, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Arrow of Gold by Joseph Conrad was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1919 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Giulio Andreotti: Italian politician, prime minister seven times, high-ranking minister to most of Italy's 50-odd Cabinets since WW II, devout acquaintance of five Popes, and close acquaintance of American presidents from Eisenhower to Bush.
- Andy Rooney: American soldier journalist and television personality (d. 2011).
- John McGraw, Charles A Stoneham, and Judge McQuade buy New York Giants.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - Tell That to the Marines
- Beautiful Ohio - Prince's Orchestra
- They'll Be Mighty Proud in Dixie of Their Old Black Joe - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?