Wednesday 9 January 1901
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 9, 1901). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marianne Oswald and Vilma Bánky.
The Last Alarm, directed by William West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1901!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1901 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Marianne Oswald: French TV personality, an actress and comedienne as well as a producer.
- Vilma Bánky: Hungarian-American actress (d. 1991).
- Chic Young: American cartoonist (Born 1901).
- Richard Copley Christie: English scholar (Born 1830).
- New South Wales (918) defeat South Australia (157 and 156) by innings and 605.