Sunday 31 March 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Herb Alpert and Diane Jergens.
Strauss' Great Waltz, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Green Light by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1935!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1935 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Herb Alpert: American trumpet playing bandleader of the seven-man "Tijuana Brass" who received trumpet lessons from the age of eight.
- Diane Jergens
- Richard Chamberlain in Beverly Hills: California, USA; actor (Dr Kildare).
- Judith Rossner: American novelist (Born 1935).
- Georges V Matchabelli: Russian-born perfumer (Born 1885).
- Fusahige Suzuki runs world record marathon (2:07:09).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?