Tuesday 14 June 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Laga and Tonie Campbell.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Three Steps To Heaven by Eddie Cochran was in the top 5 hits.
Psycho, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while South Of The Angels by Jessamyn West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1960!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1960 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Mike Laga: American baseball player.
- Tonie Campbell: Los Angeles, California -- 100m hurdler (1988 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
- Ron Holden - Love You So
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- Bobby Rydell - Swingin' School
- Paul Evans - Happy-Go-Lucky-Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?