Wednesday June 14, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 14, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lucy Hale and Courtney Halverson.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I'll Be Loving You (Forever) by New Kids On The Block.
In UK Sealed With A Kiss by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, directed by Joe Johnston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Citizens by Simon Schama was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Four Trax or Dr. Plummet's House of Flux.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 June 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1989 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Lucy Hale: American actress.
- Courtney Halverson: American actress.
- John Millman
- Junpei Mizobata: Japanese actor.
- Joao Rojas: Ecuadorian footballer.
- Pete de Freitas: Spanish drummer and producer (Echo & the Bunnymen) (d. 1989).
- Queen Elizabeth II knights Ronald Reagan
- Zsa Zsa Gabor arrested for slaping Beverly Hills motorcycle patrolman
- Nolan Ryan becomes second pitcher to defeat all 26 teams.
- Ground-breaking begins in Minnesota on the world's largest mall.
- Rocker Carole King gets a star in Hollywood's Walk of Fame.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Richard Marx - Satisfied
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
- Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
- Donna Summer - This Time I Know It's For Real
- Waterfront - Cry
Top #10 R&B songs
- The O'Jays - Have You Had Your Love Today
- Mr. D.J. - Joyce "Fenderella" Irby
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Little Jackie Wants To Be A Star
- De La Soul - Me Myself And I
- Luther Vandross - For You To Love
- Tony Toni Tone - For The Love Of You
- Peabo Bryson - Show & Tell
- BeBe & CeCe Winans - Lost Without You
- Anita Baker - Lead Me Into Love
- Kiara - Every Little Time
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?