Monday 14 November 1910
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rosemary Decamp and Norman MacCaig.
Ansigttyven II, directed by Gunnar Helsengren, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while A Modern Chronicle by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 1910!
Which were the important events of 14 November 1910 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Rosemary Decamp
- Norman MacCaig: Scottish philosopher and poet, whose works include, "Far Cry" in 1943, "Riding Lights" in 1955 and "A Man in My Position" released in 1969.
- Eric Lawson Malpass: Writer.
- Rosemary DeCamp: American actress who became known as the "Yankee Doodle" actress after she portrayed James Cagney’s mother in "Yankee Doodle Dandy," 1942.
- Eric Malpass: English novelist (d. 1996).
- 1st airplane flight from deck of a ship, Norfolk, Virginia
- Aviator Eugene Ely performs the first take off from a ship in Hampton Roads, Virginia. He took off from a makeshift deck on the USS Birmingham in a Curtiss pusher.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Lovin' Two-Step Man - Sophie Tucker
- Annie Laurie - John McCormack
- Meet Me To-Night in Dreamland - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?