Friday 14 October 1910
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 14, 1910). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Wooden and Louis Ferrari.
Rip Van Winkle, directed by Will Vinton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 October 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1910!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1910 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- John Wooden: Basketball coach (UCLA-10 national championships).
- Louis Ferrari: French-Italian musette accordionist and composer who was active in France beginning in the 1930s.
- Louis Dupont: France sport Champion.
- Pierre Muller: Mulhouse physician.
- The English aviator Claude Grahame-White lands his Farman Aircraft biplane on Executive Avenue near the White House in Washington, D.C..
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1910 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Angel Eyes - Billy Murray & Elida Morris
- The Blarney Stone - Harry Lauder
- See the Pale Moon - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
- Tramp! Tramp! Tramp! - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
- Big Bass Viol - Peerless Quartet