Saturday 14 November 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Whatcha Say by Jason DeRulo.
Zvenigora, directed by Aleksandr Dovzhenko, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Scarpetta Factor by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching WOW Croatia.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Art Academy or Cities XL.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 2009!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 November 2009 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 November
- New Zealand qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup for the first time since 1982, by defeating Bahrain in a playoff billed as ampquotthe biggest sporting event ever staged in New Zealandampquot and the country's most attended football match ever. (Arabnews)
- U.S. evangelist Tony Alamo is sentenced to 175 years in prison for taking underage girls across several states for sexual intercourse. (Telegraph.co.uk)
- The Ogaden National Liberation Front, a separatist Somali rebel group in the southeast of Ethiopia, says it has begun a new offensive. (Ethiopian Review)
- A Peruvian court orders the arrest of two Chilean military officers on charges of spying, causing a diplomatic row between the two countries. (BBC)
- Two Saudi soldiers are killed and five wounded killed in fighting with Houthi rebels in northern Yemen. (AFP)
- More than 1,000 ultra-Orthodox Jews demonstrate outside the offices of U.S. firm Intel in Israel in protest at work taking place at the site on the Jewish Sabbath. (BBC)
- A fire at a shooting range in Busan, South Korea, kills 10 people, including two Japanese tourists, and injures six others. (UPI)
- Slovenia signs an agreement with Russia to allow the South Stream gas pipeline to Europe pass through the country. (Bloomberg)
- Thousands of protesters demonstrate in Taipei, Taiwan, against imports of certain U.S. beef products. (''Taiwan News'')
- Several people are killed and dozens injured after an express train crashes near Jaipur, India. (''Indian Express'')
- The United Nations chief of the Food and Agriculture Organization completes a 24 hour hunger strike in Rome, Italy, ahead of a UN summit next week. (AP)
- At least 11 people are killed and 24 injured after a bomb explodes in Peshawar, Pakistan. (''Brisbane Times'')
- The Papal ban on discussion of the ordination of women priests is challenged by Willie Walsh, Bishop of Killaloe, during his address to the Association of European Journalists in Dublin. (''The Irish Times'')
- The body of veteran Slovenian mountaineer Tomaž Humar is located in the Himalayas days after going missing whilst climbing Langtang Lirung. (BBC)
- Sweden returns 22 skulls taken by Swedish scientists from indigenous cemeteries in Hawaii during the 19th century. (BBC)
- Russian authorities in Perm detain three homeless males on charges of murder, cannibalism and the unlawful selling of body parts to a kebab shop. (ABC Online)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 November 2009
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Albacete - Sociedad : 0 - 0
- Castellon - Elche : 0 - 2
- Levante - Girona : 3 - 2
- Real Union - Las Palmas : 0 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Altrincham - Forest Green : 2 - 2
- Barrow - AFC Wimbledon : 2 - 2
- Cambridge - Kettering Town : 0 - 2
- Crawley Town - Mansfield : 0 - 2
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Ayr - Ross County : 1 - 1
- Dundee - Queen of Sth : 0 - 0
- Dunfermline - Partick : 3 - 1
- Inverness C - Airdrie Utd : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Alloa - Stenhousemuir : 1 - 4
- Brechin - Clyde : 2 - 2
- Cowdenbeath - Dumbarton : 2 - 1
- East Fife - Stirling : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?