Friday 14 October 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 14, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
In Time, directed by Andrew Niccol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Kill Me If You Can by James Patterson, Marshall Karp was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Up.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DJMax Technika 3 or DragonVale.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 October 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 14 October 2011 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 October
- U.S. President Barack Obama authorizes the deployment of up to 100 American soldiers to Uganda, South Sudan, the Central African Republic, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo to assist in operations against the Lord's Resistance Army insurgency. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- A United States drone attack kills a further four militants in Waziristan near Pakistan's border with Afghanistan it is the third such attack in 48 hours. (AFP via Google)
- Apple Inc. releases its latest smartphone model, the iPhone 4S. (MSNBC)
- Thousands of Qantas passengers in Australia face further disruption and cancellation of flights as the airline's maintenance engineers go on strike. (SBS)
- Credit rating agency Standard Poor's cuts Spain's credit rating to AA- with a negative outlook, as the European debt crisis deepens. (Bloomberg)
- Google announces that it plans to shut down its Google Buzz social network. (CNN)
- Microsoft completes its acquisition of Internet phone company Skype for US$8.5 billion. (''The Register'')
- A 6.7 magnitude earthquake occurs near the Papua New Guinean city of Lae. (ABC News Australia)
- A JH-7 jet fighter crashes at an air show in Pucheng County in China's Shaanxi Province, leaving one pilot injured and another still missing. (Xinhua)
- The Prime Minister of Thailand, Yingluck Shinawatra, reassures residents that the capital, Bangkok, will largely escape from major flooding over the weekend. An estimated 289 people have been killed by flooding in Thailand since July 2011. (Reuters)
- The Prime Minister of Italy, Silvio Berlusconi, survives his fifty-third no-confidence vote in the Parliament of Italy by 316 votes to 301. (''International Business Times'')
- The British Secretary of State for Defence, Liam Fox, resigns amid allegations over his working relationship with lobbyist Adam Werritty. (BBC)
- British Cabinet Office Minister Oliver Letwin apologises after he is photographed dumping Parliamentary papers ndash including confidential constituents' letters ndash into a public bin in London's St. James's Park. (BBC)
- A stromatolite colony is found at Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 October 2011
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Werder Bremen - Dortmund : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Ein Frankfurt : 0 - 2
- Hansa Rostock - Munich 1860 : 2 - 0
- Paderborn - Braunschweig : 1 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Villarreal B - Girona : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Arles - Amiens : 1 - 1
- Chateauroux - Troyes : 1 - 0
- Laval - Angers : 0 - 1
- Le Mans - Clermont : 0 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- She Will - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Headlines - Drake
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- That Way - Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- Ni**as in Paris - Jay Z Kanye West
- Quickie - Miguel
- Wet The Bed - Chris Brown Featuring Ludacris
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
Top #10 Latin songs
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Frio - Ricky Martin
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Promise - Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
- El Amor - Ricardo Arjona
- You - Romeo Santos
Top #10 Rock songs
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Not Again - Staind
- Tonight - Seether
- Up All Night - Blink-182
- Make It Stop (September's Children) - Rise Against
- Paradise - Coldplay
- Sail - AWOLNATION
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Owners of adventure bikes want machines that will go anywhere, even if there’s no actual chance they’ll go to the Andes or even the Dakar Rally. [..]
The figures are being examined by British auditors after a newspaper referred to a complex sponsorship deal as a circulation "scam." [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $40.84
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $91.23
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $74.45
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $26.02
- 1 CHF = 7.1486 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.3181 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8832 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.602 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?