Monday 15 April 1907
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gerald Abrahams and Nicholas Tinbergen.
Life and Passion of Christ, directed by Ferdinand Zecca, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Brass Bowl by Louis J. Vance was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1907!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1907 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Gerald Abrahams: Liverpool, England -- Author (Teach Yourself Chess).
- Nicholas Tinbergen: Netherlands/British biologist/zoologist (Nobel Prize 1973).
- Agnès Capri: French actress, theatre director, writer, singer and painter.
- Jean Fourastié: French economist, notable for having coined the expression Trente Glorieuses ("the glorious thirty [years]") to describe the period of prosperity that France experienced from the end of World War II until the 1973 oil crisis (1945-1973).
- George Lynes: American photographer whose work is best known for stylized and elegantly lit black and white photography which has been called "luminous and liminal.
- Nikolaas Tinbergen: Dutch-English ethologist and ornithologist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1988)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1907 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ideale (My Ideal!) - Enrico Caruso
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?