Monday 15 April 1907
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 15, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Fourastié and Agnès Capri.
The Golden Beetle, directed by Segundo de Chomón, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 April 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1907!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1907 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Jean Fourastié: French economist, notable for having coined the expression Trente Glorieuses ("the glorious thirty [years]") to describe the period of prosperity that France experienced from the end of World War II until the 1973 oil crisis (1945-1973).
- Agnès Capri: French actress, theatre director, writer, singer and painter.
- George Platt Lynes
- Gerald Abrahams: Liverpool, England -- Author (Teach Yourself Chess).
- Nikolaas Tinbergen: Dutch-English ethologist and ornithologist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1988).
- Nicholas Tinbergen: Netherlands/British biologist/zoologist (Nobel Prize 1973).
- George Lynes: American photographer whose work is best known for stylized and elegantly lit black and white photography which has been called "luminous and liminal.