Monday 29 April 1907
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 29, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tino Rossi and Fred Zinnemann.
The Golden Beetle, directed by Segundo de Chomón, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1907!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1907 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Tino Rossi: Singer / actor (Destins, Belle Menuniere), dies at 76.
- Fred Zinnemann: Austrian-born American director (High Noon (1952), From here to Eternity (1953), Oklahoma (1955), A Man for all Seasons (1966), The Day of the Jackal (1973), Five Days one Summer (1982)), at age 69 of a heart attack (born 1907).
- Fred Zinnemann Vienna Austria: movie director (From Here to Eternity, Day of the Jackal, Julia).
- Tino Rossi: French singer and actor.
- Giambattista Bietti: Italy Scientist.