Tuesday 15 April 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 15, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lois Chiles and Irene Love Adams.
Born to Kill, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Doorway to Fame.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 April 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1947 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Lois Chiles: American model and actress.
- Irene Love Adams
- Wooly Wolstenholme: Keyboardist / vocalist (Barclay James Harvest).
- Michael DeBello: singer (Maniac).
- Cristina Husmark Pehrsson: Swedish politician.
- Irene Adams: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament of the Labour party after replacing her late husband in a by-election 11/27/1990.
- Michel Piquemal: French baritone and choirmaster.
- Bojoura [Raina GB van Melzen]: Dutch singer / Wife of Hans Cleuver.
- Linda Bloodworth-Thomason: American writer and television producer.
- Martin Broughton: English businessman.
- David Omand: English civil servant and academic.
- Cristina Pehrsson: Swedish nurse and politician Swedish Minister for Social Security.
- Woolly Wolstenholme: English singer and keyboard player (Barclay James Harvest) (d. 2010).
- Roy Raymond: Entrepreneur.
- DeDe Lind: Los Angeles, California -- Playmate (Aug, 1967).
- Wolstenholme: Rocker.
- Operations begin at Radio Netherlands World radio.
- Jackie Robinson becomes the first African American to play modern Major League Baseball.!--recall Moses amp Welday Walker in 1884--
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Melancholy Baby - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- Free Eats - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Linda - Paul Weston & His Orchestra