Tuesday April 23, 1907
US date format: 4/23/1907, UK date format: 23/4/1907
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 23, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Lee Miller and Baroness Dudley.
The Golden Beetle, directed by Segundo de Chomón, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 23, 1907?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- See more
- Alferd Packer: American prospector and accused cannibal...
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 23, 1907?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Steve Porter - Flanagan's Troubles in a Restaraunt
- Frank Stanley - Sombody's Waiting for You
- Vess Ossman - The Motor March
- Ada Jones & Billy Murray & Frank Stanley - Whistle It
- Prince's Orchestra - Manhattan Beach March