Tuesday 15 August 2006
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to London Bridge by Fergie.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Accepted, directed by Steve Pink, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Judge & Jury by James Patterson and Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reader, I Married Him.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gears of War or Race Driver 2006.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 2006!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 August 2006 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 August
- Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi visits the Yasukuni Shrine, drawing many protests from around the region. (San Francisco Chronicle).
- Former U.S. President Gerald Ford is admitted to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. (Reuters)
- The United Kingdom government is to seek Parliamentary approval to grant posthumous pardons for over 300 soldiers executed for cowardice during the First World War. The soldiers' families have long claimed that they were suffering from shell shock (Post traumatic stress disorder). (BBC)
- New Jersey Transit says that service has been suspended between New York's Penn Station and Secaucus due to a suspicious item found on the tracks east of the Secaucus junction. (WABC New York)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Israel claims that Hezbollah fired 10 Katyusha rockets into Southern Lebanon with none reaching Israel. (''Associated Press'')
- The New Zealand Maori Queen, Te Arikinui Dame Te Atairangikaahu dies aged 75 at her official residence of Turangawaewae Marae Ngaruawahia, ending her 40 year reign, the longest of any Maori monarch within the Kingitanga movement and causing hundreds of thousands to flock to the Central North Island to attend her funeral. (NZ Herald)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Let the Lower Lights be Burning - Harry Anthony & James F. Harrison
- Fergie - London Bridge
- Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
- Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous
- Cassie - Me & U
- The Pussycat Dolls - Buttons
- Beyonce - Deja Vu
- Sean Paul - (When You Gonna) Give It Up To Me
- Christina Aguilera - Ain't No Other Man
- Yung Joc - It's Goin' Down
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 15 August 2006
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Burton - Kidderminster : 1 - 1
- Dag and Red - Oxford : 0 - 1
- Exeter - Forest Green : 1 - 0
- Gravesend - Tamworth : 4 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?