Monday 21 August 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to London Bridge by Fergie.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Black Book, directed by Paul Verhoeven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Night Gardener by George Pelecanos was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Minor Accomplishments of Jackie Woodman.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Race Driver 2006 or Cartoon Network Racing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 August 2006
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 21 August 2006 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 August
- Democratic Republic of the Congo general election: As a meeting between Bemba and foreign ambassadors representing the International Committee Accompanying the Transition to Democracy (CIAT) is taking place in Kinshasa, clashes break between Kabila and Bemba forces Bemba's residence, hosting the meeting, comes under attack, reportedly by heavy machine guns and artillery. Several hours later, the UN spokesperson in the DRC, Jean-Tobias Okala, announced the foreign diplomats, including MONUC
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Italy offers to lead the United Nations peacekeeping forces in Lebanon instead of France. Italy has offered to provide 2,000 forces, more than any other nation, and France is only offering to provide 200 civil engineers. (UPI)
- The government of Kyrgyzstan warns that the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, a terrorist group affiliated with al Qaeda, and other militant Islamic groups, are preparing to attack southern cities like Osh. (RFE/RL)
- Eleven suspects are charged over the 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot in the United Kingdom as police find bomb-making equipment and martyrdom videos during their inquiries. (Independent)
- U.S. university Virginia Tech closed campus and canceled classes today, the first day of classes, during the search for a man who was suspected of murdering a hospital security guard and a police officer. The suspect, William Morva, is in custody. (WTOP)
- A bomb goes off in a Moscow market, killing 10 and wounding about 40. Authorities are not ruling out terrorism. It appears to have been intentional. (BBC)
- In New Zealand, Tuheitia Paki, the eldest son of Dame Te Atairangikaahu, is selected as the new Māori King. (NZ Herald)
- Carla Del Ponte, the chief Yugoslav war crimes prosecutor, criticises Serbia for its failure to arrest former Bosnian Serb army chief, General Ratko Mladić as the war crime trials of seven Bosnian Serb military and paramilitary commanders continues. (ABC America)
- At least 51 people are killed and another 138 injured in a train crash north of Cairo when two trains travelling on the same line collide. (Mail Guardian South Africa)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 August 2006
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Karlsruhe - Kaiserslautern : 2 - 0
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Shoulder Lean - Young Dro Featuring T.I.
- Pullin' Me Back - Chingy Featuring Tyrese
- Ne-Yo - Sexy Love
- Deja Vu - Beyonce Featuring Jay Z
- (When You Gonna) Give It Up To Me - Sean Paul Featuring Keyshia Cole
- Cassie - Me & U
- I Know You See It - Yung Joc Featuring Brandy 'Ms. B.' Hambrick
- So What - Field Mob Featuring Ciara
- Janet & Nelly - Call On Me
- T.I. - Why You Wanna
Top #10 Latin songs
- Mana - Labios Compartidos
- Hips Don't Lie - Shakira Featuring Wyclef Jean
- Down - RKM & Ken-Y
- Angelito - Don Omar
- Joan Sebastian - Mas Alla Del Sol
- Caile - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- No, No, No - Thalia Featuring Anthony "Romeo" Santos
- Mariano Barba - Aliado Del Tiempo
- De Rodillas Te Pido - Alegres de La Sierra
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?