Saturday 19 August 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to London Bridge by Fergie.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Accepted, directed by Steve Pink, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Lifeguard by James Patterson, Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reader, I Married Him.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ankh: Heart of Osiris or Call of Juarez.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 19 August 2006 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 August
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- Reuters reports that Israeli aircraft have fired at targets in Eastern Lebanon reported to be a Hezbollah stronghold. An Israeli army spokesman said the army was checking the report. (Reuters)
- Israeli forces detain Palestinian Deputy Prime Minister Nasser al-Shaer in a raid on his home in the West Bank town of Ramallah. (BBC)
- A Turkish-Iranian natural gas pipeline explodes in Turkey's northeastern Ağrı Province. Turkish authorities suspect separatist Kurds were behind the incident. (Internet Archive) (AP Story, no longer on original CNN site)
- The Chinese death toll from Typhoon Saomai rises to 436 with 100 new deaths reported in the east of the country. (ABC America)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 August 2006
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Cercle Brugge : 2 - 1
- Club Brugge - Beveren : 2 - 0
- FC Brussels - St Truiden : 2 - 2
- Genk - Standard : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Schalke 04 : 0 - 1
- Cottbus - Hamburg : 2 - 2
- Dortmund - Mainz : 1 - 1
- Ein Frankfurt - Wolfsburg : 0 - 0
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Auxerre - Marseille : 0 - 3
- Le Mans - Valenciennes : 3 - 2
- Lens - Lorient : 1 - 1
- Nantes - Troyes : 1 - 1
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barnsley - Southampton : 2 - 2
- Birmingham - Crystal Palace : 2 - 1
- Burnley - Wolves : 0 - 1
- Derby - Norwich : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?