Saturday 15 February 1986
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amber Riley and Valeri Bojinov.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to How Will I Know by Whitney Houston.
In UK When The Going Gets Tough (The Tough Get Going) by Billy Ocean was in the top 5 hits.
The Hitcher, directed by Robert Harmon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hot Metal.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Attack of the Killer Tomatoes or Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 1986!
Which were the important events of 15 February 1986 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
- Amber Riley: TV Actress.
- Valeri Bojinov: Bulgarian footballer.
- Johnny Cueto: Dominican baseball player.
- Ami Koshimizu: Japanese voice actress and singer.
- Gabriel Paletta: Argentinian footballer.
- Philippines National Assembly authorizes 6 more years for Ferdinand Marcos
- 44,180 largest NBA crowd to date - Philadelphia 76ers at Detroit Pistons.
- Ferdinand Marcos wins rigged Philippines presidential election.
- The Beechcraft Starship makes its maiden flight.
- The Soviet liner ''Mikhail Lermontov'' sinks in the Marlborough Sounds, New Zealand.
- The French Air Force raids the Libyan Ouadi Doum airbase in northern Chad.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 February 1986
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
- Billy Ocean - When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going
- Survivor - Burning Heart
- Mr. Mister - Kyrie
- Dionne & Friends - That's What Friends Are For
- Wham! - I'm Your Man
- James Brown - Living In America
- Sade - The Sweetest Taboo
- Starship - Sara
- Miami Sound Machine - Conga
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?