Saturday 15 June 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1935). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include François Jeanneau and Fernand Schokweiler.
Ladies Crave Excitement, directed by Nick Grinde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1935
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1935!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1935 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Fernand Schokweiler: British judge.
- François Jeanneau: French jazz saxophonist and composer.
- Belinda Lee: English actress, often typecast as a "sexy blonde," for example in a supporting role in the Benny Hill film "Who Done It?" (1956).
- Marvin Lemons: American sexual psychopath and necrophiliac.
- Robert Purdum: American civil engineer and CEO in charge of Armco, a steel manufacturer.