Saturday 1 June 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James George and John Edward Porter.
The Triumph of Sherlock Holmes, directed by Leslie S. Hiscott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1935!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1935 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- James George: United States -- Weightlifter (Olympics Silver 1960 / Bronze 1956).
- John Edward Porter: (Rep-R-Illinois, 1980- ).
- Reverend Ike: South Carolina, United States -- Evangelist minister (Joy of Living).
- Huguette Bouchardeau: French socialist politician, publisher (founder of HB Éditions), essayist, and biographer.
- Clayton Eshleman: American poet, translator, and editor.
- Jack Kralick: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the with the Washington Senators/Minnesota Twins (1959-1963) and Cleveland Indians (1963-1967).
- Johannes Van Damme: Dutch engineer, arrested on 27 September 1991 when 4.5 kg of heroin was found in his luggage. He denied guilt, saying that it was a plot organized by a businessman who was his competitor. He was condemned to death despite international pressure, and hanged in Singapore on 23 September 1994 at 6:30 PM.
- Norman Foster: Baron Foster of Thames Bank English architect founded Foster and Partners
- Ike: American minister and television host (d. 2009)
- John Reynolds: American computer scientist and academic (d. 2013)
- Driving test and license plates introduced in England
- Yanks set solo HR record with 6 beat Boston 7-2
- The first driving tests are introduced in the United Kingdom.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 June 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?