Saturday June 15, 1985
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 15, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nadine Coyle .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by The Crowd was in the top 5 hits.
St. Elmo's Fire, directed by Joel Schumacher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while The Hunt For Red October by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ein Mann macht klar Schiff.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Delta 16 or The Bard's Tale.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1985!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1985 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Nadine Coyle: Northern Irish singer (Girls Aloud).
- Pinklon Thomas KOs Mike Weaver in 8 for heavyweight boxing title
- Russian space probe Vega 2 lands on Venus
- Rembrandt's painting Danae is attacked by a man (later judged insane) who throws sulfuric acid on the canvas and cuts it twice with a knife.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Bryan Adams - Heaven
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
- Billy Ocean - Suddenly
- Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better
- Phil Collins - Sussudio
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Madonna - Angel
- Katrina & The Waves - Walking On Sunshine
Top #10 R&B songs
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Marvin Gaye - Sanctified Lady
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Electric Lady - ConFunkShun
- Billy Ocean - Suddenly
- Ready For The World - Deep Inside Your Love
- Jesse Johnson's Revue - Can You Help Me
- Atlantic Starr - Freak-A-Ristic
- Prince And The Revolution - Raspberry Beret
- Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?