Friday May 15, 1987
US date format: 5/15/1987, UK date format: 15/5/1987
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 15, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Andy Murray and Brian Dozier.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to With Or Without You by U2.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Heat, directed by Michie Gleason, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while A Season On The Brink by John Feinstein was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Roxie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cosmic Causeway: Trailblazer II or Head Over Heels.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 15, 1987?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- See more
- 1st Energiya Launch (USSR)
- Record archery score for a pair over 24 hours, is set.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 15, 1987?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Smokey Robinson - Just To See Her
- Cameo - Back And Forth
- Luther Vandross with Gregory Hines - There's Nothing Better Than Love
- Surface - Happy
- Melba Moore - It's Been So Long
- Freddie Jackson - I Don't Want To Lose Your Love
- Shirley Murdock - Go On Without You
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Head To Toe
- Anita Baker - Same Ole Love (365 Days A Year)
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 15If May 15, 1987 is your birthday you're 33 years, 4 months, 11 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 19 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?