Friday May 15, 1987
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 15, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andy Murray and Brian Dozier.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to With Or Without You by U2.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Heat, directed by Michie Gleason, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Glory Days by Dave Marsh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sweet Surrender.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Batty or Dynamite Bowl.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1987!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1987 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Andy Murray: Scottish professional tennis player, ranked No.
- Brian Dozier: Baseball Player.
- Doruk Çetin: Turkish actor director and producer.
- Kévin Constant: French-Guinean footballer.
- Mark Fayne: American ice hockey player.
- Ersan Ilyasova: Turkish basketball player.
- Leonardo Mayer: Argentinian tennis player.
- Jennylyn Mercado: Filipino singer-songwriter and actress.
- Michael Brantley: American baseball player.
- David Adams: American baseball player.
- Ersan İlyasova: Turkish basketball player.
- 1st Energiya Launch (USSR)
- Record archery score for a pair over 24 hours, is set.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- U2 - With Or Without You
- Jody Watley - Looking For A New Love
- Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
- Madonna - La Isla Bonita
- The Lady In Red - Chris DeBurgh
- Bryan Adams - Heat Of The Night
- Fleetwood Mac - Big Love
- Kim Wilde - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Poison - Talk Dirty To Me
- Atlantic Starr - Always
Top #10 R&B songs
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Smokey Robinson - Just To See Her
- Cameo - Back And Forth
- There's Nothing Better Than Love - Luther Vandross with Gregory Hines
- Surface - Happy
- Melba Moore - It's Been So Long
- Freddie Jackson - I Don't Want To Lose Your Love
- Shirley Murdock - Go On Without You
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Head To Toe
- Anita Baker - Same Ole Love (365 Days A Year)
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?