Tuesday 5 May 1987
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bérald Crambes and Jessie Cave.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to (I Just) Died In Your Arms by Cutting Crew.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship was in the top 5 hits.
Intervista, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Destiny by Sally Beauman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sweet Surrender.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll or Crazee Rider.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1987 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Bérald Crambes
- Jessie Cave: English actress.
- Marija Sestic: Bosnian singer.
- Erika Fong: TV Actress.
- Don Benjamin: Instagram Star.
- Samantha Cope: American actress.
- Siim Sellis: Estonian skier.
- Marija Šestić: Bosnian singer.
- Ian Smith: American actor.
- Graham Dorrans: Scottish footballer.
- Ian Michael: Smith; American actor.
- Congress begins Iran-Contra hearings
- Detroit Tigers are 11 games back in AL, but go on to win AL East
- Disneyland debuts "Disney Dollars". Mickey Mouse and Sleeping Beauty's Castle are on the $1 bill, Goofy and the Mark Twain Riverboat are on the $5 bill.
- The Assemblies of God defrocks PTL's Jim Bakker.
- Iran-Contra affair: start of Congressional televised hearings in the United States of America
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
- Jody Watley - Looking For A New Love
- U2 - With Or Without You
- Madonna - La Isla Bonita
- Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
- Prince - Sign O' The Times
- Bryan Adams - Heat Of The Night
- Chris DeBurgh - The Lady In Red
- Fleetwood Mac - Big Love
- Aretha Franklin - I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Luther Vandross with Gregory Hines - There's Nothing Better Than Love
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Smokey Robinson - Just To See Her
- Cameo - Back And Forth
- The System - Don't Disturb This Groove
- Surface - Happy
- Klymaxx - I'd Still Say Yes
- Anita Baker - Same Ole Love (365 Days A Year)
- Patrice Rushen - Watch Out
- Melba Moore - It's Been So Long
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?