Sunday May 24, 1987
US date format: 5/24/1987, UK date format: 24/5/1987
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 24, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Déborah François and Fabio Fognini.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to With Or Without You by U2.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship was in the top 5 hits.
The Untouchables, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Glory Days by Dave Marsh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Roxie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Guild of Thieves or After Burner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 24, 1987?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- See more
- Al Unser Sr, 47, wins his 4th Indy 500
- 33rd LPGA Championship won by Jane Geddes.
- Hermione Ferdinanda Gingold: Actress (Gigi, Music Man), dies at 89.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 24, 1987?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Surface - Happy
- Cameo - Back And Forth
- Smokey Robinson - Just To See Her
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Head To Toe
- Freddie Jackson - I Don't Want To Lose Your Love
- Melba Moore - It's Been So Long
- Shirley Murdock - Go On Without You
- Luther Vandross with Gregory Hines - There's Nothing Better Than Love
- Herb Alpert - Diamonds
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 24If May 24, 1987 is your birthday you're 33 years, 3 months, 26 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 8 months, 5 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?