Sunday May 24, 1987
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Déborah François and Fabio Fognini.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to With Or Without You by U2.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship was in the top 5 hits.
The Untouchables, directed by Brian De Palma, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while It by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sweet Surrender.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Accolade's Comics or Airball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1987!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1987 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Déborah François: Belgian actress.
- Fabio Fognini
- Guillaume Latendresse: Canadian ice hockey player.
- David Lopez: Vine Star.
- Matt Prior: Australian rugby player.
- Hermione Ferdinanda Gingold: Actress (Gigi, Music Man), dies at 89.
- Al Unser Sr, 47, wins his 4th Indy 500
- 33rd LPGA Championship won by Jane Geddes.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- U2 - With Or Without You
- Jody Watley - Looking For A New Love
- The Lady In Red - Chris DeBurgh
- Kim Wilde - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
- Bryan Adams - Heat Of The Night
- Fleetwood Mac - Big Love
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Madonna - La Isla Bonita
- Poison - Talk Dirty To Me
Top #10 R&B songs
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Surface - Happy
- Cameo - Back And Forth
- Smokey Robinson - Just To See Her
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Head To Toe
- Freddie Jackson - I Don't Want To Lose Your Love
- Melba Moore - It's Been So Long
- Shirley Murdock - Go On Without You
- There's Nothing Better Than Love - Luther Vandross with Gregory Hines
- Herb Alpert - Diamonds
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?