Sunday 17 May 1987
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edvald Boasson Hagen and Aleandro Rosi.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to With Or Without You by U2.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Heat, directed by Michie Gleason, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Communion by Whitley Strieber was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sweet Surrender.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A Jax or Asterix and the Magic Carpet.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1987!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1987 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Edvald Boasson Hagen
- Aleandro Rosi: Italian footballer.
- Edvald Hagen: Norwegian cyclist.
- Ott Lepland: Estonian singer.
- Stardust closes at Biltmore Theater NYC after 102 performances
- USS Stark hit by Iraqi missiles, 37 sailors die.
- Ayako Okamoto wins LPGA Chrysler-Plymouth Golf Classic.
- An Iraqi Dassault Mirage F1 fighter jet fires two missiles into the U.S. Navy warship USS Stark, killing 37 and injuring 21 of her crew.
- Hashimpura massacre in Meerut city of India.
- First ever Rugby World Cup kicks off with New Zealand playing Italy at Eden Park, Auckland
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- U2 - With Or Without You
- Jody Watley - Looking For A New Love
- Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
- Madonna - La Isla Bonita
- The Lady In Red - Chris DeBurgh
- Bryan Adams - Heat Of The Night
- Fleetwood Mac - Big Love
- Kim Wilde - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Poison - Talk Dirty To Me
- Atlantic Starr - Always
Top #10 R&B songs
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Smokey Robinson - Just To See Her
- Cameo - Back And Forth
- There's Nothing Better Than Love - Luther Vandross with Gregory Hines
- Surface - Happy
- Melba Moore - It's Been So Long
- Freddie Jackson - I Don't Want To Lose Your Love
- Shirley Murdock - Go On Without You
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Head To Toe
- Anita Baker - Same Ole Love (365 Days A Year)
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?