Saturday 9 May 1987
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Travis Turner and Vitaliy Pushkar.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to (I Just) Died In Your Arms by Cutting Crew.
In UK La Isla Bonita by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
La Bamba, directed by Luis Valdez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Fine Things by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vreme za pat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Karyssia: Queen of Diamonds or Arumana no Kiseki.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1987 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
Famous Birthdays:09 May
- Obafemi Awolowo: Nigeria -- President of Nigeria (1979-83), dies at 78.
- 183 die aboard a Polish jetliner that crashes in Warsaw
- Actor Tom Cruise (27) and actress Mimi Rogers (33), marry
- Oriole Eddie Murray is 1st to switch hit HRs in 2 consecutive games
- A Polish LOT Ilyushin IL-62M ''Tadeusz Kosciuszko'' (SP-LBG) crashes after takeoff in Warsaw, Poland, killing 183 people.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 May 1987
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
- Jody Watley - Looking For A New Love
- U2 - With Or Without You
- Madonna - La Isla Bonita
- Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
- Prince - Sign O' The Times
- Bryan Adams - Heat Of The Night
- Chris DeBurgh - The Lady In Red
- Fleetwood Mac - Big Love
- Aretha Franklin - I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?