What Happened on May 16, 1987US date format: 5/16/1987, UK date format: 16/5/1987
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 16, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claudia Suárez and Can Bonomo.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to With Or Without You by U2.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Heat, directed by Michie Gleason, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while This 'N That by Bette Davis with Michael Herskowitz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sweet Surrender.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A Jax or Dungeon Master.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1987!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1987 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Claudia Suárez
- Can Bonomo: Turkish singer.
- Andy Murray: Athlete.
- TJ Bell: Guitarist.
- Tom Onslow-Cole: English race car driver.
- Bobro 400, a barge carrying 3,200 tons of garbage, sets sail from New York, beginning an unsuccesful eight-week search for a dumping site.
- Mystery of Edwin Drood closes at Imperial NYC after 608 performances
- Rocker David Crosby weds Jan Dance in LA
- Weird Al Yankovic performs live at 72nd National Orange Show
- 113th Preakness: Chris McCarron aboard Alysheba wins in 1:55.8.
- The Old San Francisco Mint museum opens to the public.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- U2 - With Or Without You
- Jody Watley - Looking For A New Love
- Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
- Madonna - La Isla Bonita
- The Lady In Red - Chris DeBurgh
- Bryan Adams - Heat Of The Night
- Fleetwood Mac - Big Love
- Kim Wilde - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Poison - Talk Dirty To Me
- Atlantic Starr - Always
Top #10 R&B songs
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Smokey Robinson - Just To See Her
- Cameo - Back And Forth
- There's Nothing Better Than Love - Luther Vandross with Gregory Hines
- Surface - Happy
- Melba Moore - It's Been So Long
- Freddie Jackson - I Don't Want To Lose Your Love
- Shirley Murdock - Go On Without You
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Head To Toe
- Anita Baker - Same Ole Love (365 Days A Year)
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?