Friday September 15, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Salah Abdeslam and Lee Jong-suk.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Don't Wanna Lose You by Gloria Estefan.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Black Rain, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while It'S Always Something by Gilda Radner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alien Nation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Castle Zhagwhar or Budokan: The Martial Spirit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1989!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1989 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Salah Abdeslam
- Lee Jong-suk: Actor.
- Jessica Brown Findlay: Actress.
- Kris Chetan Ramlu: New Zealand musician.
- Logan Henderson: Actor.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gloria Estefan - Don't Wanna Lose You
- Milli Vanilli - Girl I'm Gonna Miss You
- Warrant - Heaven
- New Kids On The Block - Hangin' Tough
- Surface - Shower Me With Your Love
- Paula Abdul - Cold Hearted
- Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time
- Skid Row - 18 And Life
- The Jeff Healey Band - Angel Eyes
- Madonna - Cherish
Top #10 R&B songs
- Eric Gable - Remember (The First Time)
- Sharon Bryant - Let Go
- Eddie Murphy - Put Your Mouth On Me
- E.U. - Taste Of Your Love
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Can't Get Over You
- My Fantasy (From "Do The Right Thing") - Teddy Riley Featuring Guy
- I Do - Natalie Cole (Duet With Freddie Jackson)
- The Isley Brothers - Spend The Night (Ce Soir)
- Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) - Soul II Soul (Featuring Caron Wheeler)
- Sybil - Don't Make Me Over
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Emmanuel - Quisiera
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Lucerito - Cuentame
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?