Monday 15 September 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Zack and Miri Make a Porno, directed by Kevin Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The First Billion Is The Hardest by T. Boone Pickens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Body in Numbers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts or AdventureQuest Worlds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 15 September 2008 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 September
- Richard Wright: British keyboardist (Pink Floyd) (Born 1943).
- 158-year-old American investment bank Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc files for bankruptcy protection, becoming the largest U.S. bankruptcy. Lehman's assets total about US$639 billion, leveraged by only US$30 billion of equity.
- Lehman Brothers files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, the largest bankruptcy filing in U.S. history.
- The government of Samoa recognizes the independence of Kosovo (New Kosova Report)
- Morelia Bomb Attacks: Eight people are killed and 100 injured in a presumed terrorist attack at ''El Grito'' Independence Day celebrations in the main square of Morelia, Michoacán. (El Universal)
- Hewlett-Packard announces plans to cut 24,600 jobs. (Reuters)
- Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, the Secretary General of NATO, visits Georgia in a show of support. (AP via ''USA Today)''
- Richard Wright, a founding member of the seminal English Rock Group Pink Floyd dies at the age of 65 after a long battle with cancer. (CNN)
- At least 11 spectators die in a stampede at a club football match in Butembo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, following a riot incited when a goalkeeper proceeded to use an animist spell in an attempt to rally his team. (Radio Okapi via ESPN)
- 12 tourists are killed and 37 injured when a coach collides with a delivery truck outside of Ras Sidr in Egypt. Reports suggest 7 of the 12 dead are foreign nationals (Sky News)
- Nigerian Oil Crisis: Nigeria's main rebel group claim to have destroyed an oil installation owned by Shell in the Rivers State region in the south of the Country. (BBC News)
- At least 1 person has died and 26 are missing after a Ro-ro ferry sinks near the Turkish city of Bandirma. (''Sky News'')
- Subprime mortgage crisis
- Six men have been found guilty of terrorism-related offences in Melbourne, Australia. Abdul Nacer Benbrika was found guilty of intentionally directing the activities of a terrorist organization while five other men were found guilty of being members of the same organisation. Four other men were acquitted and the jury is still considering its verdict on two men. (ABC News Australia)
- Hurricane Ike (2008)
- NASA scientists report that the Ozone hole over the Antarctic has reached its largest expanse, 27 million square kilometers vs 26 million square kilometers in 2006.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 15 September 2008
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Munich 1860 - Duisburg : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Lens - Metz : 0 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Tottenham - Aston Villa : 1 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Ascoli - Triestina : 1 - 1
- Salernitana - Frosinone : 3 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?