Saturday 15 September 1928US date format: 9/15/1928, UK date format: 15/9/1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cannonball Adderley and Henry Silva.
Beggars of Life, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1928!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1928 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Cannonball Adderley: American jazz sax player.
- Henry Silva
- Keyes: American astrologer and teacher at the Church of Light in the '60s and '70s.
- 400 kg Fournier-albums (forged postage stamps) burn in Geneva
- Alexander Fleming discovers penicillin
- Cards set NL record of 18 men left on base beating Phillies 8-6