Friday 15 September 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Léa Papin and Lea Papin.
Three Million Dollars, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1911 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Léa Papin
- Lea Papin: French maid who, together with her sister, murdered their employer's wife and daughter in Le Mans, France, on 2 February 1933.
- François Schleiter: French politician, who served as Secretary of State for Trade (11 November 1957 to 15 April 1958).
- Silas Hogan: Blues singer / guitarist.
- Karsten Solheim: Norwegian-American businessman founded PING (d. 2000).
- Luther Terry: American physician and academic 9th Surgeon General of the United States (d. 1985).
- Franéois Schleiter: Verdun Politician.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- A Perfect Day - Cecil Fanning
- Gems from Florodora - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan