Thursday 29 September 1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lauren Pope and Lisette Oropesa.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler.
In UK Red Red Wine by UB40 was in the top 5 hits.
Never Say Never Again, directed by Irvin Kershner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vietnam: A Television History.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alley Cat or Barmy Burgers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1983!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1983 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:29 September
- A Chorus Line 3,389 performance to become longest running Broadway show
- 1st time Congress invokes War Powers Act
- Airport of Beirut reopens
- Congress authorized President Reagan to keep 1,600 US Marines in Lebanon
- First time US Congress invokes War Powers Act.
- Oakland Athletics' Mike Warren no-hits Chicago White Sox, 3-0.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 September 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- Stray Cats - (She's) Sexy + 17
- The Police - King Of Pain
- Spandau Ballet - True
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Frank Stallone - Far From Over
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?