Sunday 11 September 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacoby Ellsbury and Lauryn Williams.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maniac by Michael Sembello.
In UK Red Red Wine by UB40 was in the top 5 hits.
Cannibal Ferox, directed by Umberto Lenzi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The One Minute Manager by Kenneth Blanchard and Spencer Johnson was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Business Games or Angler.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1983!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 September 1983 ?
Famous Birthdays:11 September
- 103rd US Mens Tennis: Jimmy Connors beats Ivan Lendl (63 67 75 60)
- Fashion designer Donna Karen marries Stephan Weiss
- Joanne Carner wins LPGA Portland Ping Golf Championship
- Franco Harris becomes third NFL player to rush 11,000 yards.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Taco - Puttin' On The Ritz
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Michael Jackson - Human Nature
- Culture Club - I'll Tumble 4 Ya
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 September 1983
- Buffalo Bills - Cincinnati Bengals : 10 - 6
- Cleveland Browns - Detroit Lions : 31 - 26
- Dallas Cowboys - St. Louis Cardinals : 34 - 17
- Denver Broncos - Baltimore Colts : 17 - 10
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?