Wednesday 21 September 1983
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Evans and Julie Sund.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tell Her About It by Billy Joel.
In UK Red Red Wine by UB40 was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Chill, directed by Lawrence Kasdan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Who Killed The Robins Family? by Thomas Chastain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Give us a Break.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blaster or Guzzler.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1983!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1983 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Scott Evans: American actor, best known for his role as the police officer Oliver Fish on the ABC daytime soap opera One Life to Live.
- Julie Sund: American homicide victim along with her mother Carole and her friend, Silvini Pelosso who was visiting from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Kevin Lieber: YouTube Star.
- Greg Jennings: Football Player.
- Maggie Grace: American actress.
- Fernando Cavenaghi: Argentinian footballer
- Kristian Gidlund: Swedish drummer and journalist (Sugarplum Fairy) (d. 2013)
- Joseph Mazzello: American actor director producer and screenwriter
- Anna Meares: Australian cyclist
- 11 killed in anti Marcos demonstrations in Manila
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- Michael Jackson - Human Nature
- Taco - Puttin' On The Ritz
- Stray Cats - (She's) Sexy + 17
- Asia - Don't Cry
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?