Tuesday 16 April 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Valarie Rae Miller and Mat Devine.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
The Conversation, directed by Francis Ford Coppola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Little Doctor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Tank or Tank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1974!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1974 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Valarie Rae Miller: American actress.
- Mat Devine: American singer-songwriter and actor (Kill Hannah).
- Xu Jinglei: Chinese actress, singer and director.
- Valarie Miller: American actress.
- Fabián Robles: Mexican actor.
- Words & Music opens at John Golden Theater NYC for 127 performances
- 200,000 attend rock concert California Jam I in Ontario, California.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 April 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Sister Janet Mead - The Lord's Prayer
- Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?