Friday 16 March 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gibson Kline and Jean Cournoyer.
Jimmy the Gent, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while So Red the Rose by Stark Young was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1934 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Gibson Kline: American astrologer, joined AFA 7/1969.
- Jean Cournoyer: Canadian journalist and politician.
- Ray Hnatyshyn: Canadian lawyer and politician 24th Governor General of Canada (d. 2002).
- Mack McInnis: American soldier and politician (d. 2013).
- Roger Norrington: English violinist and conductor.
- Ray Walker: American singer (The Jordanaires)
- Congress passes Migratory Bird Conservation Act
- US Congress passes Migratory Bird Conservation Act.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?