Sunday 17 July 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stan Bronstein and Franz Alt.
Love Finds Andy Hardy, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ann and Harold.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1938!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1938 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Stan Bronstein: Rocker.
- Franz Alt: German journalist, author and TV presenter.
- Hermann Huppen: Belgian author and illustrator.
- Douglas (Wrong Way) Corrigan leaves New York for LA, wound up in Ireland
- Douglas Corrigan takes off from New York for California, accidentally flies the "wrong way" to Ireland, becoming known as "Wrong Way" Corrigan.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?