Sunday 29 June 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 29, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Villard and Mark Helprin.
Brute Force, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Borden Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1947 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Marc Villard: French poet and writer.
- Mark Helprin: Novelist.
- Michael Carter: British actor.
- Richard Lewis: NYC, New York -- Comedian (Marty Gold-Anything But Love).
- Yanks beat Senators 3-1 starting a 19 game win streak
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- One O'clock Boogie - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Art Lund - Peg O' My Heart
- Peg O' My Heart - Buddy Clark