Tuesday 16 January 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Wernick and Allen Brennan.
The Lucky Texan, directed by Robert N. Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1934 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Richard Wernick: Boston, Massachusetts -- Composer.
- Allen Brennan: American corporate executive, the Chairman and CEO of Sears, Roebuck Co.
- Marilyn Horne: American opera singer with a coloratura facility rare in voices lower than soprano who gained an outstanding reputation in Europe before her dazzling debut in America in 1960.
- Annie Patterson: Composer, dies at 65.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?